VERC Home / Travel Guide / Quincy Beaches
Quincy Car Rental and Quincy Beaches
Roll down the windows of your Quincy car rental and crank up the music - we're heading to the beach! Customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental will find 12 fantastic waterfront oases in the town of Quincy, each with its own unique appeal and charm. Read on to learn a little about each one.
- Orchard Beach: Customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental will find the Orchard Beach on Baystate Road in Squantum. This beach is a moderately narrow neighbourhood beach with approximately 100 yards of waterfront. The beach is accessible by car; however please note that street parking is limited. Visitors are encouraged to take a dip in the calm waters or take a walk along the Squantum Peninsula.
- Nickerson Beach: Nickerson Beach is a great place to plan a picnic. It is located between 141 and 151 Dorchester Street. The beach is very intimate, boasting 15 to 20 yards of waterfront sand. Adjacent to the park, customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental will find a park for picnicking and a walking path to nearby SquawRock. Views of Boston Harbor are simply breathtaking from this beach, so be sure to stop by.
- Wollaston Beach: Wollaston Beach is one of the most popular waterfront destinations on the South Shore. In the past few years, the state has spent more than $7 million transforming this urban oasis by building bike and pedestrian trails. Customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental are encouraged to visit Wollaston Beach website for detailed information on upcoming events - www.wollastonbeach.org.
- Heron Beach: Work on your tan at secluded Heron Beach, located in Adams Shore. This beach has 75-100 yards of beachfront and features gentle waves for swimming. A playground is located nearby, making it a great place for a relaxing family afternoon.
- Parkhurst Beach: This quaint beach received a recent revitalization when a children's playground was built right on the beach. Now, customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental bring their children to the area for hours of waterfront fun. Parkhurst Beach is located on the corners of Parkhurst Street and Bayswater Road in Hough's Neck. There is approximately 160 yards of sandy beachfront to enjoy.
- Rhoda Beach: This beach is virtually unknown, tucked into the small neighbourhood of Hough's Neck. It has two small beachfront areas, each about 50 yards apart. While there is no parking in the near vicinity of the beach, customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental will find some a few streets closer to town.
- Edgewater Drive Beach: This is one of Quincy's larger beaches, boasting close to 200 yards of waterfront. The beach is adjacent to Racoon Island, making it a great place for adventurous boaters to set sail. Customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental will find the beach on Edgewater Drive in Hough's Neck facing east of Quincy Bay from Bell Street to 173 Edgewater Drive.
- Doane Street Beach: If you're looking to add an environmental spin to your upcoming Quincy car rental vacation, Verc highly recommends visiting Doane Street Beach on the Fore River and Rock Island Cove. Owned by the Quincy Housing Authority, this little-know beach has been left virtually untouched by development.
- Sailors Snug Harbor: Another Quincy Housing Authority property, Sailors Snug Harbor has been left mostly in its natural state. Customers of Verc Quincy Car Rental can enjoy easy walks along the coastline, as well as great views of the tankers coming into Town River Bay.
- Baker/Brody Beach: Playgrounds and picnic areas abound at this neighbourhood beach, located at 105 Palmer Street in Germantown. Travelers may find parking difficult in this area; however the MBTA does have a bus route that travels past the beach on a regular basis.
- Avalon Beach: This narrow beach borders the Twin Rivers and the Marina. To get there take Washington Street, turning left onto Washington Court. Bear right onto Avalon Road. This beach has between 150 and 200 yards of beach front and is equipped with shade trees and park benches.
- Mound Street Beach: This moderately sized beach is one of the Quincy's largest sand beaches. It is extremely popular in the summer months, so be sure to arrive early to claim your waterside spot.
For up-to-date information all of these beaches, please call the Beach Hotline at 617-376-1288.