VERC Home / Travel Guide / Boston Neighbourhoods Part 2
Boston Car Rentals and Boston Neighbourhoods Part 2
In Part 1 of the Boston Neighbourhoods overview, Verc outlined the six major neighbourhoods associated with the city's downtown core. But downtown isn't the only place worth visiting in this major Massachusetts metropolis. Car rental in Boston travelers are also encouraged to head further out to the following districts and communities.
- Charlestown: If you're looking to add a little history to your upcoming car rental in Boston vacation, Verc highly recommends heading to the neighbourhood of Charlestown. Here you'll find the Bunker Hill Monument, as well as the USS Constitution. Park your car and take a leisurely stroll through the streets to discover charming shops and cute cafes.
- South Boston Waterfront/Seaport District: Cultural and commercial attractions can be found all along the South Boston Waterfront and within the Seaport District. Here you'll discover the convention center, the World Trade Center and the Institute of Contemporary Art. Car rental in Boston travelers will also find two conveniently located hotels right on the waterfront, as well as the Museum Wharf and the Fish Pier. To get the most enjoyment out of this area, Verc recommends hitting up Seaport Boulevard and Northern Avenue, the district's two main drags.
- Chinatown: Did you know that Boston's Chinese community is the fourth largest in the nation? Enjoy eastern influences during your upcoming car rental in Boston vacation with a quick trip to the area between Downtown Crossing and the Mass. Pike extension. This densely populated area boasts the best Asian restaurants in the city, as well as unique shops and services. Boston's tiny Theater District is also located in this area, about 1 1/2 blocks in each direction from the intersection of Tremont and Stuart Streets.
- The South End: This landmark district is located south of the Back Bay, cross Stuart Street or Huntington Avenue. The area is highlighted by Victorian row houses and quaint park areas. Recently, the South End has become home to a large gay community and highly acclaimed restaurants.
- The Back Bay: Fashioned out of a landfill, Back Bay is one of Boston's landmark destinations. Home to gorgeous architecture and chic shops, Back Bay is the booming heart of Boston retail. Located between the Public Garden, the river, Kenmore Square and Huntington Avenue (or St. Botolph Street, depending on who you ask), Back Bay is one of the best Boston neighbourhood for aimless afternoon walks.
- Huntington Avenue: Known as Boston's "Avenue of the Arts," Huntington Avenue is where you'll find Boston's best smattering of cultural attractions. Highlights include the Christian Science Center, Symphony Hall, Northeastern University and the Museum of Fine Arts.
- Kenmore Square: Younger car rental in Boston travelers will definitely want to visit this vibrant neighbourhood during their upcoming visit to New England. A local hangout for area students, Kenmore Square features fantastic bars, cool clubs and affordable shops. However, the college-town atmosphere is overshadowed whenever the Red Sox are in town, as Fenway Park is just 3 blocks away.
Have some time to kill - then why not head to Cambridge?
Cambridge is Boston's neighbour across the Charles River. Often mistaken for a suburb of Boston, Cambridge is actually its own city. Known as the home of Harvard, Cambridge also boasts some very charming tourist areas. Car rental in Boston travelers are encouraged to visit the various squares throughout the city, include Harvard Square, Central Square, Inman Square and Porter Square. Each area boasts its own unique mix of shops, restaurants and services. For a more in depth look at Cambridge and all it has to offer, car rental in Boston travelers are invited to check out the Verc Cambridge Overview Travel Guide Page.
Travel Guide Group1
Travel Guide Group2
Travel Guide Group3
Travel Guide Group4
Travel Guide Group5
Travel Guide Group6
Travel Guide Group7
Travel Guide Group8
Travel Guide Group9
Travel Guide Group10