If you’re travelling to Massachusetts this year on business, you may be interested in cutting the costs a bit. Renting can get pricey, so it’s always nice to see when you can save a little money on your Boston car rental. Though not all of these tips may apply to your specific renting circumstances, you’re bound to find one or two that can be useful in aiding your bank account.
1) Avoid upgrades. Though free upgrades are sometimes offered, they tend to have a hidden cost that most renters don’t think of – increased fuel costs. If you don’t need the extra space that comes with an upgrade, don’t go for this option and save some money on gas.
2) Hunt for deals and promotions. If you’re renting at the right time, you may be able to find special coupons online that can cut down the costs of your Boston car rental a bit. These could include AirMile programs, promotions run by the company, or AAA membership discounts. Also, check to see if you can get a corporate discount through your company.
3) Book early. Like anything to do with travelling, the earlier you book, the more likely you are to save money. Often, the closer you are to needed your Boston car rental, the more the rental fees are.
4) Avoid extras. While add-ons sometimes seem like a great deal, they often increase the price unnecessarily. To avoid paying for the rental company’s insurance, see if you are covered under your personal car insurance or with a credit card. Also be sure that you’re not going over the mileage allowed. Checking to see if you have unlimited mileage on your Boston car rental is often a smart measure to take.
5) Bring your own GPS. While it may seem cheap at first, the daily fees that car rental companies often charge to rent a GPS add up quickly. Bring your own GPS, or look up routes and directions before setting off. Having a map handy is always a good idea, as well.
6) Look into loyalty programs. Sometimes rental car companies have memberships that you can sign up for to save money.
7) Try renting on a weekend. Business travellers generally rent from Monday to Friday. This means that fees on these days are often substantially higher than rental fees for Saturdays and Sundays.
8) Pre-pay for your Boston car rental. Sometimes rental car companies will offer reduced fees if you pay online with your credit card in advance. This has the added bonus, as well, as reducing stress as your chosen car is guaranteed and the payment hassle is out of the way before you even pick up your Boston car rental.
9) Check pick-up/drop-off fees. Car rental companies will often charge if you drop off your Boston car rental in a different city than the one you picked it up in. Fortunately, Verc Car Rentals doesn’t charge extra if you drop of your car at a different Verc Car Rentals location than the one where you picked it up.
10) Top up the tank before you drop it off. Rental companies tend to charge a lot for gas if the car is dropped off without gas. Top up the gas tank before you drop it off to save some money.
A little research into the rental company, location, gas prices, and date of travel will go a long way to help you save money on your next business car rental. Keep these tips in mind when planning, and you should be able to keep some of that money in your pocket.
To reserve your Boston car rental today, go to Verc Car Rentals reservation page.
Tags: Boston car rental